Owners of Samsung Galaxy Note phones are fiercely loyal, and for good reason: the devices—especially the Note20 and Note20 Ultra—have delivered amazing value and blur the lines between work and play in ways that continue to delight.
Now, with the release of the Galaxy S24 Ultra, there’s never been more or better reasons to upgrade those trustworthy devices. Every part of the Note experience has been upgraded in the S24 Ultra: the built-in S Pen, the screen, the camera and zoom experience, and the blazing speeds1 that supercharge your gaming experience and make you more productive when working with Samsung Notes or other apps. And the latest deals make now an ideal time to get one.
Many of the improvements, as well as a package of exclusive new capabilities, are powered by Galaxy AI, a new experience unlike anything you’ve ever seen on a Samsung device. It tailors AI’s new superpowers to your most personal device in ways that will make it easier to plan your next vacation, edit photos while on your trip, and communicate more effectively with anyone—even if you don’t speak their language.2
For Note users, the Galaxy S24 Ultra represents a quantum leap forward. It’s not just a smarter smartphone. It’s a device poised to become your trusted collaborator, facilitator, and creative partner in everything you do. And customers who order on Samsung.com before March 11, 2024, are eligible for up to $750 in instant trade-in credit3 for their existing devices. Other attractive trade-in offers are available for customers who purchase through our partners at T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T.
1. Upgrades to the S Pen and display that complement each other.
The built-in S Pen is core to the Galaxy Note. Fast and fluid, the S24 Ultra’s S Pen delivers a lifelike pen-to-paper experience with a 68% reduction in latency compared to the Galaxy Note20 Ultra, making it even more responsive and fun to use. The S24 Ultra has the slimmest and fully symmetrical bezels and combines with a better and brighter display—up to 2600 nits—with Vision Booster, that makes it easier to read your phone in any lighting conditions. And the flat edge-to-edge display lets the S Pen work across the entire surface for the first time.
2. Note Assist boosts your productivity with Samsung Notes.
For years, Samsung Notes has been a productivity workhorse for Galaxy Note owners. Galaxy AI makes Notes on the Galaxy S24 Ultra even more powerful, thanks to Note Assist.4 It allows you to quickly get a summary of your note, check your spelling and grammar, or translate it into another language altogether. You can also choose new auto formatting options that organize the information in your note into titles, headers and paragraphs. Organizing and finding your notes is a breeze, as Note Assist allows you to use the power of AI to create unique note covers, thumbnail icons and a quick summary of your note so you can distinguish one set from another. This makes it easy to locate the note you are looking for, especially if you have notes collected over the years. Best of all, you can easily transfer your existing notes to your new S24 Ultra and give them new life thanks to all these new features.
3. An intelligent camera system that makes your photos even better.
We know photo enthusiasts have come to depend on the Note20 Ultra’s powerful high-resolution camera. The Galaxy S24 Ultra not only packs far more powerful hardware—including a better sensor, sharper lens and 100x Space Zoom—but also leverages the state-of-the-art ProVisual engine with AI optimizations that will improve your ability to shoot, edit and share the most beautiful and memorable photos possible.
- Zoom and Nightography. By combining new telephoto hardware with AI, the S24 Ultra’s zoom can deliver 50MP 5x high resolution magnification and up to 10x with optical quality. What’s more, you don’t have to worry if you are taking pictures in the dark, or if the subject of your photograph is moving. The upgraded sensors and algorithms in the S24 Ultra will take photos and videos that are sharper, brighter, and smoother than ever before, even in challenging lighting conditions.
- Generative Edit.5 Who hasn’t looked back at a picture and thought the frame should have been a bit wider, or a bit less crooked? With Generative Edit, your phone can expand the frame of your shot, filling in the missing borders that weren’t included in the original photo. You can even choose an object in a picture and make it bigger or smaller or remove it all together.
4. Faster hardware that makes gaming—and everything else—better.
The Galaxy Note20 Ultra delivered the most powerful mobile gaming experience when it launched. But games have gotten more complex and power-hungry. That’s why we put our most powerful Galaxy processor ever in the S24 Ultra. Whether you are playing Night Crows or Diablo Immortal, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy6 processor will take your gaming and artistic creations to the next level with more realistic graphics, reflections, lighting, and shadows.
Speed, of course, will make your work more efficient too. And we loaded the Galaxy S24 Ultra with our longest lasting battery yet7—which enables video playback for up to 30 hours and music listening for up to 95 hours8—along with an AI-powered processor that can tell the difference between high and low-power tasks to keep them running even longer.
5. For the first time on Galaxy, an AI experience front and center.
Finally, upgrading to the S24 Ultra will bring Galaxy Note users into the AI age with a set of capabilities never seen before on a Galaxy device. Galaxy AI’s new experiences include:
- Circle to Search9 with Google. If you see a dish that looks delicious on social media, just circle the image with your finger or S Pen and search results will pop up with information on the dish along with ingredients and recipes. Maybe you spotted a fun photo of your friend on vacation? Trace a landmark in the background, and Circle to Search will give you details on the location so you can visit yourself.
- Live Translate.10 You’re traveling in a foreign country where you don’t speak the language and need to make a dinner reservation. Enable Live Translate when making the call and talk in your native tongue. Your S24 Ultra will translate what you say—and what the person at the other end of the line says back to you—in real time. It’s that easy—and it also works with text messages. Live Translate erases the language barrier across 13 languages, enabling you to communicate easily with roughly half of the people on
- Chat Assist11 and Transcript Assist.12 Galaxy AI can up your game and make you more productive just about every time you use your phone. Chat Assist can suggest the right words and tone for the perfect text to a friend, a professional message to your boss or a breezy social media post13—and it can even check your spelling and grammar. The updated Voice Recorder App has Transcript Assist to give you an instant transcription, whether you’re in class, in a meeting, or just want to be hands free, and it can even differentiate between speakers and summarize the conversation. You can also translate transcripts between languages.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra delivers all these capabilities and more—including seven generations of OS updates and seven years of security updates14— in our most durable package to date: a titanium frame and the new Corning® Gorilla® Armor15 screen protection, which offers the most impact resistant, antireflective, and scratch proof glass we have ever used in a smartphone. It’s the perfect upgrade for anyone who loves their Galaxy Note … and is ready for an entirely new smartphone experience.
 Requires optimal 5G network connection, available in select markets. Check with your carrier for availability and details. Download and streaming speeds may vary based on content provider, server connection and other factors.
 Live Translate requires a network connection and Samsung Account login. Live Translate is only available on the pre-installed Samsung Phone app. Calls must be made using the native Samsung dialer. Certain languages may require language pack download. Service availability may vary by language. Accuracy of results is not guaranteed.
 When trading in a Galaxy device to reserve, pre-order and purchase the latest Galaxy device. For a limited time only, on Samsung.com/Shop Samsung App, pre-order or purchase a new qualifying Galaxy device (“Qualifying Purchase”), send in your qualifying trade-in device to Samsung through the Samsung Trade-In Program, and if Samsung determines your trade-in device meets all eligibility requirements, you will receive a trade-in credit specific to your qualifying trade-in device to apply toward your Qualifying Purchase. Device models that currently qualify for trade-in and trade-in credit amounts associated with those models are available on Samsung.com and the Shop Samsung App; eligible models and amounts may change at Samsung’s sole discretion. To be eligible for trade-in, your qualifying device must meet all Trade-In Program eligibility requirements, which include, but are not limited to, that the device powers on, holds a charge, and does not power off unexpectedly; has a functioning display; has no breaks or cracks in the screen, camera lenses, or elsewhere on the device (unless a cracked device offer applies); has no liquid damage (whether visible or not); has no other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear; is not on a black list; has a verified FCC ID; has been reset to factory settings; has all personal information removed; has all software locks disabled; and is owned by you (leased devices are not eligible). Anticipated trade-in value will be applied as a credit at time of purchase, but, if you do not send in your trade-in device within 15 days of receipt of your Qualifying Purchase, you will be charged back for the trade-in credit applied to your purchase, or if you send in your trade-in device within 15 days of receipt of your Qualifying Purchase but Samsung determines your device does not meet all eligibility requirements, you will be charged back for the trade-in credit applied to your purchase minus $25. Participation in this program does not excuse you from contracts with your carrier or retailer (or any related payments or fees) for the device that was traded in. Limit 1 trade-in per Qualifying Purchase. Samsung reserves the right to modify or discontinue this offer at any time. The Trade-In Program cannot be combined with any other Samsung, carrier or retailer promotions, discounts, or offers unless specifically provided for in the terms and conditions of such offers. Additional terms, including terms that govern the resolution of disputes, apply. Click here Trade In Terms and Conditions to learn more.
 For text in Samsung Notes only (200 4000 characters); requires Samsung account log in and internet connection.
 Requires Samsung account log-in and internet connection.
 Snapdragon branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
 Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, the number of times charged, and many other factors. Estimated against the average usage profile compiled by UX Connect Research. Independently assessed by UX Connect research between 2023.11.25-2023.12.15 in US and UK with pre-release versions of SM-S921, SM-S926 and SM-S928 under default setting using LTE and 5G Sub6 networks. NOT tested under 5G mmWave network.
 Based on Samsung internal lab test conditions with pre-release version of given model connected to earphone via Bluetooth under default settings over LTE. Estimated against battery capacity and measured current over battery power consumption during video playback (video file resolution 720p, saved on device) and audio playback (mp3 file, 192kbps, saved on device with LCD display turned off), respectively. Actual video and audio playback times vary by network connection, settings, file format, screen brightness, battery.
 Requires internet connection; results may vary by uniqueness, clarity and framing of circled image and related factors.
 Samsung account log-in required. Calls must be made using the native Samsung dialer.
 Requires Samsung account log in and internet connection.
 Transcript Assist requires a network connection and Samsung Account login. Transcript Assist is only available on the pre-installed Samsung Voice Recorder app or files recorded using the pre-installed Samsung Phone app. Voice recording feature in the pre-installed Samsung Phone app may not be supported in some countries. Audio files must be under 3 hours in duration to be processed. Summarizing feature in Transcript Assist can be activated when a certain number of characters is met. Service availability may vary by language. Accuracy of results is not guaranteed.
 Tone suggesting feature in Chat Assist requires a network connection and Samsung Account login. Must meet length requirements to activate feature. Service availability may vary by language. Accuracy of results is not guaranteed.
 Availability and timing of Android OS upgrades and security updates may vary by device model and market.
 Corning® Gorilla® Armor is incorporated into front display of Galaxy S24 Ultra. Scratch tested compared to a competitive aluminosilicate cover glass and reflection tested compared to a typical glass.
The post Five Reasons to Upgrade your Galaxy Note to the New Galaxy S24 Ultra appeared first on Samsung US Newsroom.